Meeting Date/Time TBD
Establishes consensus and cooperation by building partnerships among the various groups that have a stake in the commercial district to get everyone working toward the same goal.
- Provide effective, ongoing management and advocacy for downtown business district
- Manage volunteer recruitment and collaboration with partners representing a broad cross section of the community
Meeting Date/1st Thursday 6pm
Works to create a positive image for the community and tells Ellicott City’s story (unique characteristics, cultural traditions, architecture, history and other activities) to shoppers, investors, potential business and property owners, and visitors in the surrounding region.
- Manage calendar of events
- Develop special events/coordinate retail-tie in to events
Meeting Date/4th Tuesday 4pm
Helps to preserve Main Street’s historic character and works to maintain a safe and inviting environment for shoppers, workers, and visitors.
- Direct attention to physical elements: public and private buildings, storefronts, signs, public spaces, parking areas, street furniture, public art, landscaping, merchandising, window displays, and promotional materials
Clean Safe & Green
Meeting Date/1st Tuesday 4pm
Works to maintain a safe and environmentally friendly historic community.
- Direct attention to physical elements: rivers, streams, planted areas and public spaces
- Provide educational information to the community through workshops & seminars
Meeting Date/3rd Wednesday 8:30am
Strengthens the community’s existing economic assets while diversifying its economic base.
- Evaluate how to retain and expand successful businesses to provide a balanced commercial mix, sharpening the competitiveness and merchandising skills of business owners, and attracting new businesses that the market can support.